Mystic Messenger is a dating simulation app that makes waves in the online gaming or mobile game world. If you’re curious about the characters, interactions, and the experience of a real-life-like dating situation or romantic relationships, you’ll find answers on this page.
A lot of anime and otome fans are going gaga over this video game. Moreso, to kill your curiosity, we’ll give you all the things you should know about this fun app.
What Is Mystic Messenger?
While Japan was the one to popularize dating simulations, Mystic Messenger is actually a Korean otome dating simulation app allowing interactions among players in a messenger style.
Dating simulation games started in Japan in the ’80s. However, such games were perceived in Japan as causing alienation as it became popular among otome fans. Otome means maiden in Japan, and many of them literally had sleepless nights because of dating simulators.
Still, Korea did not shy away from dating simulation games and followed what Japan has started. Mystic Messenger is specifically designed for female demographics–otome. They get to experience a virtual relationship with a group of male characters.
This app allows you to communicate with seven fictional characters through chats or Mystic Messenger emails. These characters can even call you through the app.
Must Read: Mystic-Messenger-Emails Guide.
What makes this game outstanding is how each character’s responses differ towards your choices. So it’s like a specific route is allotted if you’re into those kinds of guys that are straight forward. However, the game doesn’t always have a good ending, just like in real life.
If you’re wondering how the interactions happen, well, it’s not like a chat on Whatsapp where you can type in anything. You talk to the characters through multiple-choice responses.
The game starts with a chat message from an unknown person asking you to do something. As soon as you enter an apartment, you’ll then be included in a charity organization known as RFA (Rika’s Fundraising Association). This organization has only seven members, who are all possible love interest for your character.
- Hyun Ryu “Zen” is the first person you will meet in the game’s Casual Story. He projects the image of a flirtatious narcissist. But rest assured, he’s a nice person who loves taking selfies.
- Yoosung along with Zen would be the second person you’ll meet in Casual Story. He’s a very light-hearted person who loves playing LoL a lot.
- Jaehee Kang is the only female character available in the Casual Story. She is the Chief Secretary to Jumin Han, who is the owner of C&R International.
- Jumin Han, as mentioned earlier, is the owner of a company. He is overly obsessed with his cat Elizabeth III. He’s always busy with work and a bit distant from women because of his bad impression of them.
- Saeyoung Choi “707,” commonly called Seven, is the happy-go-lucky hacker in the group. He’s always making fun of other characters, of Yoosung more often.
- Rika is a gorgeous fair-skinned woman who has a high ranking in Mint Eye Organization. She is also the founder of the RFA organization. She was V’s fiance, but she is mentioned at the beginning of the game to have died by suicide, but her body was not found. Unfortunately, along with the rumors about her death, nobody has witnessed Rika’s supposed suicide.
- Jihyun Kim “V” is the most mysterious and closed-off character available in the Deep Story, making his character even more interesting. He’s the fiance of Rika and what happened is mysterious.
The game flow of Mystic Messenger is definitely unpredictable. Your route will be thoroughly based on your responses to each character. How you communicate with a character will lead you to different routes and endings. You are reminded not to maximize your health, limiting your access to characters, and thus, you will miss some chatrooms.
Meanwhile, if you are still interested in catching up on those chatrooms you have missed, you can unlock it by purchasing life using your real money or continuing to play the game. Meanwhile, you should expect to receive text messages and phone calls from any of the Rika’s Fundraising Association or RFA members. Some calls that you will receive from the characters would be whenever they feel upset, drunk, or just want to joke around with you.
These calls and text messages from the RFA members who are drunk, upset, or just feeling silly are sometimes creating moments with the character you use. What’s more interesting to this dating app would be, it has full voice acting that makes the player feel like you are really talking to a real human.
Mystic Messenger’s app is compatible with android phones and iOs, and ever since its release date, gamers have shown their interest to continue playing the dating app. For everyone’s perusal, it supports the Korean and English languages.
Stories / Plot
There are three stories that a player can choose from and these really on every person or character in the game. They are:
- Casual Story is the game mode where you can get in touch with Zen, Yoosung, and Jaehee Kang more often.
- Another Story is another mode in the game that unlocks the route to V and Saeran.
- Deep Story is another mode in the game that requires 80 hourglasses to unlock. Unlike the other two modes, it has heavier plots. This mode allows you to encounter Jumin Han, and 707.
Popularity and Awards
Since the release of its English version, it rapidly gained popularity, and people who love games do search for it.
Cheritz, the Mystic Messenger creator, did a very brilliant job in putting so much effort into each character. This app has found an edge by making text conversation very casual and funny, just like talking in real-life.
On November 17, 2017, Mystic Messenger has 2.5 million downloads and ranked as the “Top 4 Video Games” on Tumblr last 2016. Besides, Cheritz won the Game of the Year, Best Indie Game in Korea Game Awards. It even caught the attention of the UK=based news platform, the Guardian, due to its fast route to fame.
Moreover, Cheritz is generous enough to donate $100,000 in profits to three international charities such as Save the Children, Lifeline Korea, and the Korea Sexual Violence Relief Center.
Charitz donated some of the app’s profits to Save The Children charity to send girls to school in Africa and started some projects to help female teachers provide vocational education and build dormitories.
So far, there are no issues of otome fans losing sleep over Mystic Messenger, or perhaps we don’t know, but one this is for sure, this game is certified entertaining and surprising. This app is ideal even for introverts who cannot express themselves, even just through simple communication with others. It will definitely bring out the creativity in you, as you will meet seven characters with different personas.
Trying out Mystic Messenger won’t hurt. But let us remind you that it can get addicting. So try it healthily. To amp your gaming experience, one should be matured enough to differentiate the reality and the fiction world you have in this app.
Once you started playing this dating app, you will never have to party all night ever again. It will even keep you company even on those nights when you feel alone. Zen, Yoosung, Jaehee, Jumin, Saeyoung, Rika, and V are waiting for you!
Mystic Messenger is a romantic storytelling messenger game from South Korea, a mobile-based Otome video game developed by Cheritz, and it is female-oriented. It is available in Korea, English, and Spanish.
The game takes over 12 days; you react to different messages with different characters during these days. The first four days are the same, but the game splits into several routes, each going after a love interest. On the fifth day, each path leads to multiple endings, which can be; Bad ending(a fail), a normal end, and a good end.
The first days of the game are fun as you reply to messages on your phone. On the other hand, ignore the ones you can’t answer. You roll with what comes out of the game. However, make sure you focus on a character that interests you and be sure to catch their attention by day five. If you fail to achieve this, then sadly, you finish with a bad end.
How do you play Mystic Messenger?
The game has 6 playable characters: Zen, Yoosung, Jaehee, Jumin, 707, and V. When you open the game, Deep story and Another story lock up. You will first play Zen, then Yoosungand finally Jaehee switch to Deep story before you can engage 707, which slowly guides you through the unfolding love story.
We hope we answered your questions about Mystic Messenger, and we look forward to hearing from you in the comments section below.mystic messenger