Mystic Messenger is the newest dating simulation app that you will surely enjoy. Here’s everything you need to know about this awesome app. Meet the characters and experience a “real-life” like dating situation with it.
A lot of anime and otome fans are going gaga over this
What is Mystic Messenger?
Mystic Messenger is a Korean otome dating simulation app. Otome in Japanese means maiden. So an otome game is intended for women audiences that mostly involves romantic plots with fictional characters. Simply put, Mystic Messenger allows female players to have a fictional relationship with a group of male characters.
Must Read: Mystic-Messenger-Emails Guide.
This app allows the player to have a virtual smartphone where seven fictional characters can communicate with you via Mystic-Messenger-emails like in a real-life situation. Well, that sounds brilliant. The thing is these characters can even call you through the app.
What makes this game outstanding is how each character behaves differently towards the player’s choices. So it’s like a specific route is allotted if you’re into those kinds of guys that are straight forward. However, the game doesn’t always have a good ending just like in real life right?
The game starts with a chat from an unknown person asking you to go to do something. As soon as you enter an apartment, you’ll then be included in a charity organization known as RFA (Rika’s Fundraising Association). This organization has only seven members which are all possible love interest for your character.
Which Character Are You?
- Hyun Ryu “Zen” is one of the first characters that you will meet in the Casual Story of the game. He’s a bit of a narcissistic celebrity and a bit more flirtatious to the character of the player. But rest assured he’s a nice person that loves taking selfies.
- Yoosung, along with Zen, is one of the first guys you’ll meet in Casual Story. He’s a very light-hearted person who loves playing LoL a lot.
- Jaehee Kang is the only female character available in the Casual story. She is the Chief Secretary to Jumin Han who is the owner of C & R International.
- Jumin Han, as we’ve mentioned, is the owner of a company who is overly obsessed with his cat named Elizabeth III. He’s always busy with work and a bit distant to women because of his bad impression with them.
- Saeyoung Choi “707”, commonly called as Seven, is the happy go lucky hacker in the group. He’s always making fun of other characters especially Yoosung.
- Rika is a gorgeous fair-skinned woman who has a high ranking in Mint Eye Organization, she is also the founder of RFA organization, who was mentioned to be dead as the game starts.
She was a fiance to V and was reportedly died of suicide but her body was not found. Unfortunately, along with the rumors about her death, nobody has witnessed Rika’s suicide.
- Jihyun Kim “V” is the most mysterious and closed-off character who is only available in the Deep story which somehow makes his character more interesting. He’s a fiance to Rika and what happened between them reveals a lot of secrets.
The game flow of Mystic Messenger is definitely unpredictable, your route will be thoroughly based on how you respond to each character. Each time you communicate with a character will lead you to different routes and endings. Players are reminded not to maximize your health, as this will limit you to other characters and thus, you will have some missed chatroom.
Meanwhile, if you are still interested to catch up on those chatrooms that you have missed, you can simply unlock it by purchasing using your real money or by continuously playing the game. Furthermore, gamers like you should expect to receive text messages and phone calls from any of the Rika’s Fundraising Association or RFA members. Some calls that you will receive from the characters would be whenever they feel upset, drunk or they just want to joke around with you.
These calls and text messages from the RFA members who are drunk, upset or just feeling silly are sometimes creating moments with the character you use. What’s more interesting to this dating app would be, it has a full voice acting that makes the player like you feel like you are really talking to a real human.
Mystic Messenger’s app is compatible with android phones and iOs, and ever since its release date, gamers have shown their interest to continue playing the dating app. For everyone’s perusal, it supports Korean and English language.
Stories / Plot
There are three stories that a player can choose from. They are:
- Casual Story is the mode of the game where you can get in touch with Zen, Yoosung, and Jaehee Kang more often.
- Another Story is another mode in the game that unlocks V’s route and Saeran’s.
- Deep Story is another mode in the game that requires 80 hourglasses to unlock. Unlike the other two modes, it has heavier plots. This mode allows you to encounter Jumin Han and 707.
Popularity and Awards
Since the release of its English version, it rapidly gained popularity. Cheritz, the creator of Mystic Messenger, did a very brilliant job in putting so much effort into each character. This app has found an edge by making text conversation very casual and funny just like talking in real-life.
On November 17, 2017, Mystic Messenger has 2.5 million downloads and ranked as the “Top 4 Video Games” on Tumblr last 2016. In addition, Cheritz won the Game of the Year, Best Indie Game in Korea Game Awards. It even
Moreover, Cheritz is generous enough to donate $100,000 in profits to three international charities such as Save the Children, Lifeline Korea, and the Korea Sexual Violence Relief Center.
Charitz donated some of the app’s profits to Save The Children charity to send girls to school in Africa and started some projects to help female teachers like providing vocational education and building dormitories.
Everyone from all walks of life can have fun playing Mystic Messenger since it is certified entertaining, and surprising. This app is ideal even to introverts who cannot express themselves even just through simple communication with others. It will definitely bring out the creativity in you, as you will meet seven characters with different personas.
Trying out Mystic Messenger won’t hurt. But let us remind you that it can
Once you started playing this dating app, you will never have to party all night ever again. It will even keep you company even on those nights when you feel alone. Zen, Yoosung, Jaehee, Jumin, Saeyoung, Rika and V are all waiting for you!
Mystic Messenger is a romantic storytelling messenger game from South Korea, a mobile-based Otome video game developed by Cheritz, and it is female-oriented. It is available in Korea, English, and Spanish.
The game takes over 12 days; during these days, you react to different messages with different characters. The first four days are the same, but the game splits into several routes with each route going after a love interest. On the fifth day, each path leads to multiple endings, which can be; Bad ending(a fail), a normal end, and a good end.
The first days of the game are fun as you reply to messages on your phone. On the other hand, ignore the ones you can’t answer. You roll with what comes out of the game. However, make sure you focus on a character that interests you and be sure to catch their attention by day five. If you fail to achieve this, then sadly, you finish with a bad end.
How to Play Mystic-Messenger
The game has 6playable characters: Zen, Yoosung, Jaehee, Jumin, 707, and V. When you open the game, Deep story and Another story lock up. You will first play Zen, then Yoosungand finally Jaehee switch to Deep story before you can engage 707, which slowly guides you through the unfolding love story.
We hope we answered your boggling questions about Mystic Messenger and we look forward to hearing from you in the comments section below.mystic messenger